Mock focus groups- Guidos
I’d almost say that this mock focus groups is proof that Guidos (almost) have a brain… I love how they keep trying to out-do each other. The testosterone kept getting dialed up! I think the Toddlers and Seniors made better use of the phones then they did! I would loved to have seen the Guidos matched up with the Models and compete with the Failed Rockers and Surfers!
Here is a book for those interested in learning about Focus groups. I recommend buying the used version
I get requests for LinkedIn recommendations from connections on an almost daily basis. Being someone that is honest and believes we should stand behind our word I have a hard time writing recommendations for people that I don’t believe cut the mustard.
Years ago I read Sleeping dogs don’t lay from Richard Lederer. The book was a true gem for anyone that loves the idiosyncrasies of the English language. He had some great examples of writing double-meaning recommendations (below are a few ambiguous recommendations.) Great, cutting humor!
- You’ll be lucky to get this person to work for you!
- I cannot recommend this person too highly.
- I recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever!
- She has made immeasurable contributions to our firm.
- Nobody is better than this man!
- I found myself frequently raving about her work!
- We were teetering on the threshold of bankruptcy last year, and her efforts pulled us through.
- For the services he has rendered to our firm over the years, we find ourselves deeply indebted!
- I would place her research on the cutting edge.
- She is now ready to strike out in a career.
- Whatever task he undertakes, he will be fired with enthusiasm!
- I would place this student in a class by herself.
Now you’ll know how to write that next LinkedIn recommendations even when you don’t want to! The next LinkedIn recommendation you write you can be sure to be honest!
Ever feel like you just might have missed a turn somewhere? When you come upon a sign like this do you think stopping your car and rolling down the window to take a picture is the wisest thing to do? Wouldn’t you think the local police would park car right next to this sign? And speaking of the police, where were the grammar police when making this sign? LOL
Here are some additional books that will give you a good laugh! And remember, if you see a hijacking hotspot be sure to drive on!
How to cook an egg when you’re at work -Funny Picture
I love to be creative and think outside the box! The other day at work I wanted to fry an egg but I didn’t have anything to cook with (or so I thought). Suddenly I realized that I did, in fact, have a “hot plate”. It was disguised as my coffee maker! The below funny picture image shows how I “MacGyvered” it. It took about 10 minutes, but hey, I wasn’t that hungry!