Tips on how to Customize SciTE
SciTE is an amazing, free, IDE and text editor which has great functionality and is incredibly flexible. I use it as an IDE for AutoHotkey however there ~100 other languages you can use it with. Here are links to help understanding the documentation and Interface and here is a User Group. There is also a subreddit here and StackOverlflow Q&A.
AutoHotkey IDE / Editor
I use SciTE4AHK built by Fincs. You can find an amazing thread here on the AutoHotkey forum. The thread has been added to over several years now and has quite a bit of cool tips & tricks! The AutoHotkey forum is filled with very knowledgeable and friendly people. I highly recommend you review the thread and post questions you have to it or to me on my contact page 🙂
Here are some videos and posts which review configuring, personalizing, and to customize SciTE.
- Great video demonstrating how powerful it is
- Creating a SciTE Home Variable-Great tip for working on multiple computers
- Configuring Language Properties (and link to ~70 language files)
- Customizing the User.Properties file
- Customize SciTE context menu: Make your favorite commands one right-click away!
- Create your own Status Bars– Show more relevant information based on your needs!
- Create your own SciTE Hotkey without using AutoHotkey
- Using built-in Find and Replace (Tips on RegEx)
- Built-in Keyboard Commands / Hotkeys
- Programmaticaly interact with SciTE via COM object
- Debug with SciTE-Reduce coding time
- Second Debugging video (additional tips & tricks)
- Run selected text (great for long AutoHotkey scripts)
- Function to send output to SciTE Output pane
- Customize SciTE to automatically trim whitespace and end of line upon file save
- Two great ways to personalize SciTE Intellisense / Autocorrect to your specific library / files
- 2 hour Webinar introducing to SciTE4AutoHotkey & tips on customization
- Automatically close your: brackets, parens, curly braces, single quotes, double quotes